3/04/2010

Day 3

The tiniest little sprouts are starting to show their faces. There isn't much to look at yet, so I'll spare the pics until they get a little bigger.

In the mean time, I should start thinking about what else I want to grow this summer. Tomatoes, green onions, maybe lettuce or spinach? Ooh, maybe some peas? I should get on this soon, as prime sowing season will be over soon enough.

Another idea that I had last night was putting together a small-scale rain water harvesting system, in order to reduce my reliance on the city utility. We don't pay for our water access in this apartment building, however if I can save that little bit of extra energy that's required to pump water up to my unit just to put into the soil, then I will. Further, the water that falls from the sky is free for all, and there's no extra energy required to harvest and utilize it. Time to do some R&D.

No comments:

Post a Comment